Sunday, August 21, 2011

And about those due dates.....





So, as far as my experience goes, being 4 years owning registered Holsteins and 6 years with the miniature Herefords; if you know when your animals are bred, and keep track of the breeding / due date, more often than not, if the calf comes earlier than the due date, it will be a heifer (don't ask me why...) and if the cow goes to the due date or beyond, chances are good it will be a bull. At least that has been my experience over the years.



Of course I have a breeding / due date calender taped up inside my kitchen cupboard next to the dinner plates, and most of my family calendar is my girls appointments, sport schedules and cow breeding dates (with repeat breeding dates penciled in so I don't forget to be extra vigilant to watch....). That being said, I usually (but not all the time...) know when and whats going to be happening here (for the most part.....)



So thats kind of an interesting observation I've made over the years I thought someone may find interesting...



I'd love to know if anyone else has had the same experience....

No comments:

Post a Comment